Primary School at the International Gymnasium of Skolkovo is:
- Grades 1 through 4
- Located on the campus of the Skolkovo Innovation Center
- Content is primarily taught through transdisclipinary Units of Inquiry
- To form and shape globally-minded people
- Individual approach that is designed to find and maximize the talents of each student
- English with native speakers
- Beginning in the 2nd grade, a second foreign language is offered to our students: Chinese, German, and Spanish
- Every class in the PYP has a homeroom teacher, psychologist, and teachers assistant
Working hours from 8:30 till 18:30. Classes start at 09:00 and end between 14:30 and 15:20.
Robotics, dance, drama, foreign languages, sports, martial arts, piano, singing.
The academic year begins on 1 September. At the conclusion of every term vacation is provided for the students. Once the school year concludes, summer school begins and will end in mid June. During this time students engage in more relaxed lessons, spend time outdoors, go on field trips and play!
In the PYP (Primary Years Program) students begin studying from the age of 3 (youngest group in the Preschool) through the 4th grade. This ensures complete continuity between the Preschool and Primary Years programs.
The primary method of teaching and implementing the curriculum is through inquiry, during which our students will learn:
- Independently formulate questions for themselves
- Choose sources of information for the purpose (or subject) of research
- Learn and analyze new information in order to draw their own conclusions
- Set goals and strive to achieve them
- Evaluate the results of their own work
Over the course of the year, the students conduct five transdisciplinary themes of inquiry:
- “Who We Are”
- “Where We Are In Place and Time”
- “How We Organize Ourselves”
- “How the World Works”
- “How We Express Ourselves”
- “The Earth — Our Common Home”
The curriculum that is taught through the units of inquiry is in accordance with academic standards of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and the International Baccalaureate Organization.
At IG Skolkovo we offer our students various after school activities in the arts, sports, and design and technology.
Design and Technology
- Information Technology (with elements of robotics)
- Robotics and Lego design
Presentation of Projects
Graduates of the PYP demonstrate their skills and abilities during a year-end exhibition. Students will independently work in small groups, choose a topic, develop research questions, conduct the appropriate research, and draw conclusions. Once their research and preparation are finished they will present their findings in two languages at a year-end exhibition attended by their fellow students, teachers, administrators, and parents.